Finally first semester is over and it's time to get ready for Christmas! I sat down today and worked on my first few cards that need to be handed out to all my friends and family. These aren't finished yet, but I'm having lots of fun and making a huge mess of my basement! It's such a fun way to start off the break!
I worked from sketches in photoshop and added textures and colour digitally.
This is a pastel portrait I did in my painting class last week. The model took a 3 hour pose for two sessions!
Some of the life drawings I did this term that I enjoyed! All done in conte, india ink, wax and charcoal.
|25 out of the 90 fish I had to create using various media experimentations for my interpretive class this term! The ones below are close-ups of my favourite explorations! Enjoy!|
|Candle wax and acrylic|
|Acrylic and pencil shavings|
|Prisma and sequins|
|Watercolour and oil pastel on watercolour paper|
So since we got back from reading week I've been trying to manage my time and finish all the new assignments I've been giving. This is my process work for a mask assignment done with china markers on white scratchboard.
My painting professor asked us to go home and make our own composition using fruits and vegetables. We were to spend 3 hours painting and no longer!
During the summer I had the opportunity of working on a logo for the Xmen volleyball team in my hometown. It was a great experience and the logo turned out great! I sketched my idea out and scanned it into the computer then traced with illustrator!
Finally finished my first project for my electronic media class! This piece was inspired by traditional native canadian artwork done in illustrator. Still fooling around with the colours, but decided to post after working on it for quite a few hours!
I finally got around to making a blog, in the illustration world it's all about self promotion. I have just started my second year at Sheridan and already things are off to a quick start. I've just started on a piece for Electronic Media, the project is to simplify a sketch that we created and scanned into illustrator!
Still needs some work and some colour editing but that's the basic idea!